Monday, November 16, 2009

The "Concoction"

Yesterday was a great day!  We went to Whole Foods to get all of the "supplies" for my new morning routine.  It's one of my friend calls it the "cancer-fighting concoction".  Here it is:

5 cups water
1/2 avocado
1/2 apple
3 handfuls of baby greens or spinach
1 cup broccoli
1 cup lentil or mung bean sprouts (or both)
1 handful of sunflower sprouts
1 handful of buckwheat lettuce sprouts
1 tbsp dulse or kelp
dab of stevia

This is supposed to make 64 oz. and you are supposed to drink it all by noon!  I only made half this morning.  Let's be honest, it's a shock to my tastebuds!  It's something to get used to.  Not great but not good.  I may add in a mango for taste...

I am willing to commit to drinking at least 8oz. today.  And then we can work up from there.  
 

Small steps!
 

1 comment:

  1. That does not look appetizing! I hope it works! Is it supposed to be like a cleanse? What's the purpose of it or at least what does it combat? I'm intrigued :)

    Oh, btw, I was SO going to switch my food blog to this layout :) But I thought the stars on mine were more Christmasy :)

    ReplyDelete